Document Managment Master Course I
This course is an introduction to document management for technical writers. We will be teaching students about document management/control on how to manage different types of documentation in a multitude of different corporate and non-corporate environments. In this course, you will learn about more strategic and modern ways to manage documentation, to be used in careers pertaining to government, IT, medical, HR, service, security, application development, software engineering and more.
Note: If you have taken the Technical Writing Master Course II (TWMC2), you DO NOT have to take this document management course as most of it is included in the lessons for TWMC2.
- 2.5 hours of text/video
- Practice Quizzes
- On-Demand Instructors
- Downloadable Resources
- Lifetime access to Certificate
- Access on Desktop, Mobile, and TV
- E.W. Certificate of Completion
- Access to Resume and Job Placement Tools
- Timed Final Exam (Quiz)
- Intro to Document Management for Technical Writers
- Documentation Management Software
- Document Editing Tools
- Managing Different Types of Documentation
- Documentation Project Management Strategies
- Documentation Management Cost and Schedule Estimating
- Documentation Annual/Quarterly Review Periods
- Documentation Archiving Strategies
Who is the Target Audience?
This course is for those interested in advancing their technical writing skill set through document management. This course is usually taken by more advanced Technical Writers who may have experience in technical writing or who have already taken the beginner course (TWMC1) and want to stay in the loop on new and modern ways of managing documents after they’ve been created.
What We Do
We teach you the most important skills necessary to manage documentation, including how to propose a document management system to a companies leadership team and then help them manage it. When you take a class online with Embry-Williams, you can easily fit the lessons into your busy schedule. We’re your flexible learning partner, here to help you achieve your goals, your way. Throughout the course, questions are more than welcome—an inquisitive mind is an excellent trait for a technical writer to have.
Cant pay now? No Problem!
It’s smooth and simple
Select Klarna at checkout to buy now and pay later. Spread the cost of your purchase over time with convenient, stress-free payment options. It is easy and safe to use; you’re always covered by Klarna’s Buyer Protection.
The Beginning of a Great Career!
Purchase of the following materials are recommended but are not required to complete this course.
1. Introduction to Document Management For Advanced Technical Writers
Learn about the document management, understanding file types and how to build a document management strategy
2. Documentation Management Software & Document Editing Tools
Learn about the documentation management software and highly used document editing applications
3. Documentation Management Costs/Upkeep and Measuring Tech Writing Productivity
Learn about the costs tied to documentation upkeep and how to keep clients ahead of the technology curve.
4. Documentation Project Management
Learn about managing your documentation projects and how to keep up with tight scheduling/deadlines.
5. Documentation Review Periods
Learn about the importance of documentation review periods and their effectiveness in the Technical Writing field.
6. Documentation Archiving Strategies
Learn about the importance of document archiving and how to apply those strategies in any organization
7. Course Conclusion & Final Exam
This marks the end of the course and the start of your exam. Good Luck!
- Duration 6 week
- Max Students 1000
- Enrolled 274
- Re-take Course 0
- Assessments Self