Technical Writing Master Course II (TWMC2)
This course is an extension of the Technical Writing Master Course I (TWMC1). We will be teaching students about document management/control on how to manage different types of documentation in a multitude of different corporate and non-corporate environments. We will also be teaching advanced technical writing techniques on how to integrate and develop new graphic designs using a wide range of templates to achieve the creation of beautiful and presentable documentation.
We are digging deep into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC), Language Translation Tools and Annual Reviews (and why they are important pieces to managing documentation). In this course, you will learn about more strategic and modern ways to apply existing technical writing skills with a focus of document management/control, to be used in careers pertaining to government, IT, medical, HR, service, security, application development, software engineering and more.
With this course, you also get 35 FREE Word & Excel Sheet Templates!
Please Note: If you are taking TWMC2, you do not have to take DMMC1 & DMMC2, as they are already included in lessons for TWMC2.
- 5.75 hours of text/video
- Practice Quizzes
- On-Demand Instructors
- Downloadable Resources
- Lifetime access to Certificate
- Access on Desktop, Mobile, and TV
- E.W. Certificate of Completion
- Access to Resume and Job Placement Tools
- 35 Free Word & Excel Templates (To use on the Job)
- Timed Final Exam (Quiz)
- Intro to Document Management for Technical Writers
- Documentation Management & Editing Tools
- Measuring Your Own Productivity (through the lens of leadership)
- Managing Different Types of Documentation
- Document Design Strategies with Templates (Advanced)
- Knowing When to Present Drafts/Final Stage Documentation
- Documentation Project Management Strategies
- Project Manager Collaboration & Scheduling
- Documentation Management Cost and Schedule Estimating
- Documentation of Translation Tools
- Documentation Annual/Quarterly Review Periods
- Documentation Archiving Strategies
- SDLC Vs DDLC
Who is the Target Audience?
This course is for the more advanced Technical Writers who may have experience in technical writing or who have already taken the beginner course (TWMC1) and want to stay in the loop on new technology and more modern ways of writing in regards to technical writing. We encourage anyone new to technical writing to start with our beginner’s course Technical Writing Master Course I (TWMC1), where you will learn everything you need to know about becoming a tech writer and about the tools necessary to begin a technical writing career.
What We Do
We teach you the most important skills necessary to be a technical writer, including how to land your first job and where to go from there. When you take a class online with Embry-Williams, you can easily fit the lessons into your busy schedule. We’re your flexible learning partner, here to help you achieve your goals, your way. Throughout the course, questions are more than welcome—an inquisitive mind is an excellent trait for a technical writer to have.
*NEW* Cant pay now? No Problem!
Slice up your payments! (It’s interest-free & with no credit checks)
Are you interested in getting started but don’t have the funds right now? Not a problem! At checkout, select “Slice it” or “Pay Later” and you can make “Interest-Free” and “No Credit Check” payments. You can make payments over 12 months at as low as $45.00 per month or make 4 payments over 6 weeks (2-week increments). Choose your payment option and begin your course today!
The Beginning of a Great Career!
Purchase of the following materials are recommended but are not required to complete this course.
1. Introduction to Document Management For Advanced Technical Writers
Learn about the document management, understanding file types and how to build a document management strategy
2. Documentation Management Software & Document Editing Tools
Learn about the documentation management software and highly used document editing applications
3. Documentation Management Costs/Upkeep and Measuring Tech Writing Productivity
Learn about the costs tied to documentation upkeep and how to keep clients ahead of the technology curve.
4. Strategies of Document Design with Templates
Learn about different strategies that can be used to produce beautiful documents that are pleasing to both the audience and leadership.
5. Presenting Finalized Documentation
Learn how to present and disseminate completed documentation to an intended audience, specifically leadership.
6. Documentation Project Management
Learn about managing your documentation projects and how to keep up with tight scheduling/deadlines.
7. Documentation Language Translation Tools
Learn about ways to break language barriers using the most up to date documentation language translation tools.
8. Documentation Review Periods
Learn about the importance of documentation review periods and their effectiveness in the Technical Writing field.
9. Documentation Archiving Strategies
Learn about the importance of document archiving and how to apply those strategies in any organization
10. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Vs Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC)
Learn about the SDLC and DDLC, their differences and how they are both used in Technical Writing.
11. Final Exam
This marks the end of the course and the start of your exam. Good Luck!
- Duration 6 week
- Max Students 1000
- Enrolled 365
- Re-take Course 0
- Assessments Self